With the passion of understanding human and culture Ibtesum Afrin completed her MSc Degree from Durham University (UK) funded by Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (2016-17). She Completed her M.S.S (2014) and B.S.S (2013) in anthropology from University of Dhaka. Prior to joining IUB she worked as a fellow with Actionaid Bangladesh’s Global Platform (GP) program. Before that she was a research assistant at Access to information (a2i) program.
Research and Publication
- Conducted a fieldwork for the Dissertation titled “An Intergenerational Study of Bangladeshi Migrants’ Knowledge, Beliefs and Practices concerning Diabetes and Heart Disease in Birmingham, UK” (2017) For the partial fulfillment of the Taught Master’s program from Department of Anthropology, Durham University.
- Conducted a for the partial fulfillment of the course of 514 in M.S.S (Thesis) titled “The Influence of Advertisements and Socio-Cultural Contexts on People’s Health Seeking Choices: A Medical Anthropological Perspective” (2014) from Department of Anthropology, University of Dhaka.
- Conducted fieldwork for the partial fulfillment of the course no 402 (Research Methodology) in B.S.S Hon’s Monograph entitled “Understanding Socio-Cultural Meaning of Abortion among Women: A Medical Anthropological Perspective” (2013) under the Department of Anthropology, University of Dhaka.
- Worked as a Researcher for academic purpose on “Cultural pattern, ecologicalaspects and politico social aspects in Lama, Bandarban” organized by Department of anthropology, University of Dhaka. (June 2013, fieldwork at Bandarban.)
- Worked as a researcher for academic purpose on “Politico-social system and reformation” organized by Department of Anthropology, University of Dhaka. (December 2011, Fieldwork at Rajsahi.)
- Worked as a Researcher for academic purpose on “The land holding system and distribution of land among the Hindu and Muslim people” organized by Department of anthropology, University of Dhaka. (December 2010 fieldwork at Manikganj.)
Worked as a Research Associate on “Hospital building structure and patient’s relation with coding system in building design” at Khulna, Kishorganj, Narayanganj , Cox’s bazaar, Jamalpur & Comilla Jila Sadar hospitals.( June –July 2012 )